As for these four young men, God gave them knowledge and skill in all literature and wisdom; and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams. Now at the end of the days, when the king had said that they should be brought in, the chief of the eunuchs brought them in before Nebuchadnezzar. Then the king interviewed them, and among them all none was found like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah; therefore they served before the king. As for every matter of expertise and understanding about which the king consulted them, he found them ten times better than all the soothsayer priests and conjurers who were in all his realm.
Confess that, “God will change me, my family and my children with ten times better in expertise and wisdom”.
Characteristics of wisdom.
Divine wisdom is pure and holy. Our life being holy is itself a wisdom. Wisdom seeks peace. It is loving too. Wise words carry love.
Consideration (taking into account of one’s word ) is wisdom. Being submissive is wisdom. One who is wise will be merciful and fruitful in life. They will not be arrogant. Wisdom will not identify with particular sect. They don’t discriminate. They will be straightforward.
Ten ways to gain wisdom.
- Ask God. James 1:5. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
- Do not leave it by asking ones. But ask faithfully. James 1:6,7. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord.
- Fear the Lord. Psalm 111:10, The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever. Book of Proverbs also says that fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Walking according to God’s statue brings wisdom.
- Be meek. James 3:13-16. Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are
- Be alert all the time. Proverbs 8:12.
“I, wisdom, dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge
- Develop the words as written in. James 3:17. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. Do not show partiality. Lead life without hypocrisy. Have peace with everyone.
- Guard yourself according to the scripture. Walk according to it. On reading scripture, wisdom will grow. 2 Timothy 3:15, “and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.” Read book of proverbs every day. Read scripture systematically.
- Try to know God whom we worship. Know His heart. Colossians 2:2,3, says, “that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge”.
- Practice whatever you read in scripture in life. Colossians 3:16. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Tell what lever you learnt.
- Have desire to gain wisdom more than anything. Proverbs 4:5-7. Get wisdom! Get understanding!
Do not forget, nor turn away from the words of my mouth.
Do not forsake her, and she will preserve you.
Love her, and she will keep you.
Wisdom is the principal thing.
Therefore, get wisdom. Wisdom protects from being foolish.
Give significant attention to wisdom. May God bless you like King Solomon, the wise among the wisest.